Terms and Conditions
Updated on June 7, 2020
Acceptance of Terms:
This website is operated by The Career Advising Hub (this site). Throughout the Site, “we,” “us,” “our,” and “merchant” refer to The Career Advising Hub. The Career Advising Hub offers this website to you (the “user” or “Client”), conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices started here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms apply to all users of the site including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
Description of Services Offered:
The Career Advising Hub is a digital services, digital products, and informational website which has the following description:
- Résumé and cover letter development services include review of supporting documentation, and unlimited revisions before completion along with scheduled follow up sessions to discuss revisions. Delivery of finalized résumé and cover letter files will be provided via e-mail in Microsoft Word and PDF format.
- LinkedIn profile development include creation of custom Headline, Summary, Experience and Skills sections (based on existing résumé and supporting documentation). Content will be provided through a LinkedIn Delivery Document, which includes basic instructions for Client to upload to his or her LinkedIn account.
- Mock interview session includes a one-time, 60-minute phone session. During the session, 30-minutes will be devoted to the merchant asking interviewing questions tailored to your specific industry. The remaining 30-minutes will be used to provide you with feedback to help improve your interviewing skills based on how you answered the questions.
- Essay Support Development services (Personal Statement, Supplemental Essay Support, and College Essays) include review of supporting documentation, such as essay prompt and drafts, and unlimited revisions before completion.
- All work performed will be directed at securing a specified type of position based on Client information specified by Client in career history questionnaire.
Payment Terms and Conditions:
Users acknowledge and agree that the Services provided and made available through our website are the sole property of The Career Advising Hub. Prices for our products are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to offer additional Services and/or products as well as update, modify, or revise any current content and Services, and this Agreement shall apply to any and all additional Services and/or products unless otherwise stipulated.
The Career Advising Hub does hereby reserve the right to cancel or cease offering any of the aforementioned Services and/or products. Users acknowledge, accept, and agree that The Career Advising Hub is not held liable for any such updates, modifications, revisions, suspensions, or discontinuance of any of our Services and/or products.
Client understands that full payment is required for all products and services for any work to begin.
- Merchant accepts payment via PayPal (Credit or Debit Card) at our online store.
- At times, merchant may send PayPal invoice depending on the service the Client requests. During our initial one-on-one phone call, the merchant will inform Client if additional charges will be requested and when to expect invoice via email.
- Merchant will deliver receipt of payment to Client electronically via e-mail.
- Client acknowledges that fees are for services and, as such, are neither cancellable nor refundable.
- Fees for consultation, information-gathering, and preparation of career documents are non-refundable, as Merchant provides custom services for each Client.
- Services include Client consultation and/or coaching, writing and editorial services, design, layout, editing and proofreading, and finalization. Services rendered are neither cancellable nor refundable by Client.
- Any deposits made are non-refundable, as they cover the review of materials, development of interview questions, or other services.
- Once Client has paid for services, no refunds are available. A refund may be available (at the discretion of Merchant) if Merchant determines a lack of feasibility of the project as requested by Client.
- Merchant is under no legal obligation to refund the purchase price of any service under any circumstance. However, Merchant will seek to satisfy every Client in a reasonable manner.
- Merchant reserves the right to refuse service, terminate a Client relationship, or otherwise cancel orders in their sole discretion.
After Purchasing a Service:
After purchasing, you will receive an email within 24 hours to schedule your initial 30-minute consultation phone call, where we will learn more about you, your career goals, and how we can best service you. It will also help us establish a deadline of when to expect your new document from us (i.e. resume, cover letter, etc.).
Expectations of Each Party:
- Merchant will request Client to complete career history questionnaire to gather specific information regarding short term career goals and background information relevant to the self-marketing documents being created.
- Merchant agrees to remit a first draft within 5 – 10 business days of submitted questionnaire.
- Merchant cannot guarantee formatting will be maintained through document delivery as formatting and print settings may differ depending on computer compatabilities.
- Merchant will not produce any self-marketing document that has no specified career focus. Merchant reserves the right to refuse any Client if service requested is not feasible or is deemed as ineffective and will refund any monies paid if needed.
- Merchant will deliver all first draft documents via Microsoft Word and all final documents will be sent to Client in Microsoft Word and PDF via e-mail.
- Merchant will not be responsible for missed deadlines if Client is late in providing information or does not approve of work in a timely manner (within 24 business hours) at any stage of the process.
- Merchant provides a 100% satisfaction policy on all written material; if Client is not satisfied with any portion of the self-marketing documents, a rewrite will be provided at no additional charge for items purchased. Client understands that Merchant does not issue exchanges, credits or refunds for dissatisfaction of written material.
- Merchant agrees to keep all of Client’s information completely confidential and will not sell or transfer his/her information at any time whatsoever.
- Merchant is a trained career development practitioner, not a therapist. If, during any conversations, any issue arise that may require the services of a therapist or physician, Merchant will advise Client to seek such assistance.
- Client agrees to pay all fees associated with requested work and participate fully in the information-gathering process for creating career documents — including, but not limited to, answering questions, providing copies of previous career marketing documents, providing links to job postings for the career target identified as the focus of the job search, and giving as much information as possible in order to create interview-winning career marketing documents.
- Client will complete career history questionnaire within 2 business days of purchasing résumé / LinkedIn package. Client understands the delivery of the completed career history questionnaire is the sole responsibility of the Client and has a direct impact on the timeline of the project. Client also reserves the right to deliver the completed questionnaire earlier than the specified timeline to facilitate project completion.
- Client is responsible for proofreading all material to ensure accuracy and completeness including job titles, descriptions, accomplishments, dates of employment, and correct spellings. All requested revisions must be sent via e-mail directly to Merchant, before final approval by Client and may be open for discussion via phone at no additional charge. Once final documents are reviewed and approved by Client, Merchant is no longer responsible for making alterations.
- Client is responsible for notifying Merchant if the draft documents are not received by the expected delivery date. Once Client has received the first version, he/she has 21 days to respond. After 21 days with no response in any stage of the process, the project will be considered abandoned and complete. No refunds will be issued.
- Client understands that all final documents become his/her property and can be altered in any way once obtained from Merchant.
- Additional or new information introduced after work has started will generate additional fees based on the scope of the requested work made payable prior to any additional work by Merchant.
- I understand that Merchant will work with me in good faith to compose and design exceptional career marketing materials based on the data I provide.
- I understand that Merchant provides career tips and job searching advice in good faith and is not liable for loss that may occur after following advice. Merchant does not guarantee job placement or interviews. Client understands that it is his/her responsibility to represent him/herself at job interviews and to apply to positions within skill set level and scope.
- I understand that the documents composed by Merchant must be marketed properly to produce interviews, and that no guarantee of interviews, job offers, or employment is made when utilizing the services of Merchant. Client accepts full responsibility for the outcome of any job search campaign and agrees to not hold Merchant responsible for lack of interviews or job offers, failure to obtain employment, or any other related outcomes.
- Client success is directly dependent on the effort, commitment, and diligence employed using the new career document and a variety of job search strategies (applying for advertised positions, networking, social media search, direct contact with potential employers, etc.). Outcomes are affected by many external variables, including market volatility, local and national economies, market saturation for a particular industry, and Client’s level of experience, skills, and education.
Client Assurance of Accuracy of Information Provided:
- Merchant is not responsible for errors on Client originals or for errors after proofreading and approval by the Client.
- Merchant is not liable for any injury or damage caused by Client omissions, false statements, or other inaccuracies, and will not be responsible for any monetary compensation or attorney fees if a legal dispute arises.
- Under no circumstances will Merchant be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of — or the inability to use — documents provided by Merchant.
- Client represents and warrants that he or she owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the content supplied to Merchant; that the content is accurate; that he/she is authorized to use the content supplied and that Merchant is indemnified for all claims resulting from content supplied by the Client.
- Client authorizes Merchant to use any work created on his/her behalf in publications, books, websites, and/or lectures provided that Client information (including names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses) is changed to protect Client identity.
- Client grants permission to Merchant to use the content of Client’s career marketing documents to be published in articles, columns, books, industry-related publications, and/or training materials at the discretion of Merchant. All Client identifying data (name, address, city, email address, phone numbers) will be removed or fictionalized to protect Client identity.
- Client acknowledges that career documents are considered work-for-hire under the United States Copyright Act of 1976. All concepts, ideas, copy, sketches, artwork, electronic files, and other materials are the property of Merchant.
- Client agrees that the documents created by Merchant will be used for the sole purpose of seeking/soliciting jobs and/or interviews and for any other purposes expressly authorized by Merchant. Client may not sell, post, publicly review, or otherwise utilize the documents unless authorized in writing by Merchant.
- All materials, information, documents, and resources provided to the Client in the process of completing the project remain the property of Merchant. Client is granted a revocable license to use career marketing documents; however, Merchant retains copyright and holds intellectual property rights for materials created. This license does not permit Client to allow a third party to utilize any of the materials or products developed by Merchant.
- Information gathered from the Client during the document creation process will be kept confidential. Merchant agrees not to disclose Client’s confidential information to anyone or use it in any way other than for the purpose of performing services for the Client, with the exception that Merchant may disclose confidential information if ordered to do by a court of law.
- All work to be completed in a timely manner subject to acts of God, mechanical failure, or other circumstances beyond the control of Merchant.
- All services will be completed in a timely manner, subject to acts of God, equipment failure, or other circumstances beyond the control of Merchant.
- Merchant is not responsible for technical difficulties related to receiving or transmitting information, including, but not limited to, file compatibility issues or email difficulties.
- Merchant is not responsible for technical, hardware, and/or software failures of any kind nor for any issues resulting from same.
- Merchant provides Client files in Microsoft Word and PDF formats and does not guarantee documents will retain all of their original, intended formatting and features on Client equipment. Merchant cannot provide technical support for document formatting or other file compatibility issues due to the wide variety of computer software and hardware available for Client use.
We proudly use MailChimp’s e-mailing services and comply with their terms and conditions.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEW:
We provide areas on the site to leave comments or reviews. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria: (1) your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language; (2) your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability; (3) your reviews should not contain reference to illegal activity; and (4) you may not post any false or misleading statements. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in disciplinary actions.
We have a right to post any reviews submitted from Clients on our website. Any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information regarding the site or our services are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your submissions.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT:
The site may contain advertisements and links to other websites. Such third party advertisements and websites are not investigated, monitored, or checked for appropriateness. If you decide to leave our site to access an advertisement, please do so at your own discretion.
By using this site, you hereby agree to these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!